Table of Contents Image Captions
1. "Minnehaha Falls"|
Floral home; or, First years of Minnesota. Early sketches, later settlements, and further developments, by Harriet E. Bishop (New York, 1857).
Bibliographic Information | Page Image Viewer (Viewer linked to image 152)
2. "Chief Little Crow"
3. "Henry Belland, Voyageur"
4. "Fort Mackinac in 1905: Photograph from pasture southwest of the fort, between
the village and the Grand Hotel"
5. "Jefferson's Plan, 1784"|
Collections of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin, Volume 11 (1888): 452-61.
Bibliographic Information | Page Image Viewer (Viewer linked to image 470)
6. "This drawing by John T. McCutcheon appeared when Battle Creek was booming wheat flakes and cereal stocks. W. K. Kellogg liked the cartoon so much that he reproduced it later in a cornflake advertisement. The building in the background was the Sanitas food factory."
7. "Men of the Red Underground"
8. "The morning milk lunch for under-nourished school children, in an elementary school kitchen. Movement started in 1916"
The History of the Upper Midwest: An Overview