- Form: Ballet
- Date: 1942
- Scenario: Agnes DeMille
- Choreography: Agnes DeMille
- First performance: 16 October 1942. New York. Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo
- Timing: 24'
- Notes: DeMille’s provisional title, “The Courting at Burnt Ranch,” sometimes shows up as a subtitle on programs. Copland prepared an orchestral suite, Four Dance Episodes from Rodeo, in 1942. Correspondence concerning the suite – more performed than the ballet proper and thus more written about – can be accessed through the entry for the suite
- Related digital items:
from Aaron Copland to Carlos Chávez, September 1, 1942.
from Aaron Copland to Serge Koussevitzky, November 14, 1942.
from Aaron Copland to Irving Fine, March 10, 1950.
from Aaron Copland to Verna Fine, October 9, 1952.
from Aaron Copland to Louis Kaufman, June 14, 1945.
from Aaron Copland to Louis Kaufman, October 19, 1945.
from Aaron Copland to Louis Kaufman, November 1, 1945.
from Aaron Copland to Louis Kaufman, November 12, 1945.
- Rondino on the Name Gabriel Fauré
- Form: String quartet
- Date: 1923-1924
- First performance: Fontainebleau. September 1924
- Publisher: Unpublished as an individual piece
- Date of publication: 4.5'
- Notes: this became the first movement of the Two Pieces for String Quartet or String Orchestra. It is one of many pieces written by various composers “sur le nom de Gabriel Fauré”; the Ravel Menuet is the best-known